Drafting/BIM Designer Job description
Job Title: Drafting / BIM Designer
Experience: 4+ years
Salary Range: Dependent on Experience
I. Summary/Purpose of Position:
A Drafting team leader will be able to complete a higher level of drawings and
oversee the completing of smaller projects while using a Revit and AutoCAD to develop
construction documents. This position has potential for growth and leadership opportunities.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities of Position:
• Ability to work, manage and complete all size projects with minimal assistance.
• Ability to oversee, manage and assist drafting interns and Draftsman I on specific projects.
• Ability to accurately model structural components for construction documents
while identifying trouble areas that may not work by intended engineer design.
• Ability to create accurate drawings from hand sketches and/or verbal instructions.
• Ability to think creatively and to support the project team in the design process to
create sketches and drawings.
• High attention to detail to exhaustively review and check sketches and drawings for
errors before sending to customers.
• Strong work ethic, produce high quality work, ability to think critically and solve
challenging technical problems.
• Effective time management, ability to handle pressure and meet tight project deadlines.
III. Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Completion of a certificate program or an associate's 2-year degree with a focus on drafting
• Minimum 4 years experience working with Architects and/or Structural Engineers
• Excellent skills within the Revit and AutoCAD program
• Excellent communication skills, listening comprehension and feedback
Ability to adapt and adhere to TGE drafting standards while being flexible enough to adjust
to specified standards for clients when required to do so.
If interested, please email a copy of your resume and fill out the form below.